Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One Bad Day

It's 10:21 far later than I am use to staying up to post something.  This day is in need of an end and this may be the most appropriate way to end it, by pepping myself up for tomorrow and putting today to complete rest.  Today was a day filled with emotion, arguing, crying, fussing, yelling, biting and completely unsuccessful toilet training (most of those were not my doings!).  That I put to rest.  The hope I have is in tomorrow and the likelihood that it will not be like today!  So for tonight I will choose to remember that one bad day does not wipe out years of training and success.  I can either look at the soiled undies and only hear the whining voices or I can choose to remember the great devotion time this morning where the little disciples in my care learned about staying attached to the vine and how we need to drink in Jesus all day long.  So now I can breath a sigh of relief that I haven't completely failed, I can rest in peace tonight believing the truth.  What a joy it is to be reminded so gently that it will not be by my power or strength but by the Lords and what I see as failure is often his blessings in disguise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment