Saturday, June 5, 2010

Praying for our Husbands: Future Generations

Recently I have been convicted of my need to pray God's word for my husband. As my husband is pulled in so many different directions and has to balance so many things, I see the need to really be praying for him during this season of life. Work, children, wife, church, friendships and responsibilities all vie for his time and attention. I know that lifting him up in prayer is powerful and able to encourage him to be in the Lord's will in each area of his life.

Isaiah 55:11 says, "So my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." In lifting up my husband to the Lord I know that powerful things will happen. We need to be praying what we know the Lord's will is, and we can tell his will by his word. In a spirit of wanting to obey the Lord I have found some verses to pray for my husband in regards to his future generations. I have listed them here if you would like to pray them as well. I will continue to post verses to pray in several areas of our husband's lives as I get them put together. I pray that this will spur and motivate wives to really invest in their husbands by taking each and every aspect of their lives to the Lord in prayer.

Pray for your husbands posterity. Pray that his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and all future generations would have lives firmly rooted in the Lord. Pray that your husband's legacy would be one of great love for the Lord and that each successive generation would grow stronger in their faith for God's glory.

Proverbs 20:7 The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him.
Luke 1:50 His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
Psalm 103:17-18 But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him; and his righteousness with their children's children---with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.
Proverbs 14:26 He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge.
Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaves and inheritance for his children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment