Friday, April 30, 2010

One of THOSE Mornings

You know the morning, the one where you have every intention of being graceful, calm, loving and purposeful. The morning when you expect your little ones to sweetly get up and give you a kiss and then be the picture of perfection. The morning when the sun shines and the day flows smoothly from one peaceful moment to the next. You know that morning right? Well that was suppose to be this morning and we were well on our way until I got out of bed and the cares of the world started to pummel me! I am so thankful that I have the words of my dear Lord to sustain me on days like this.
You are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. Nehemiah 9:17
God is so good to forgive me, to show me compassion, to not anger quickly with me and to love me. On days like these may I be the same to the little ladies in my care.
A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense. Proverbs 19:11
How thankful I am that if I pray and seek wisdom like hidden treasure the Lord will generously give it. By the Holy Spirits power I can be patient and overlook the offenses to my feelings. These little ones must see a momma who is patient even when they are bound up in sin!
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
My hope and strength must be from the Lord on mornings like these. In him I can be strong and renewed. I must not have my expectations set on the actions of children but rather have hope stayed on my strengthener, my protector, my Saviour.
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
Thank you Lord that you remind me of the great call you have on my life. On mornings like these I must remember what my purpose is and rise to the holy calling of mother!
I am so very thankful for the many verses that are alive in my heart to sustain me through the day. As this morning was not the picture of perfection it was an opportunity for my character to grow and for me to be steady and faithful with these children in my care. From one sinful, improving momma to another, stay in the word you'll need it on mornings like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment