Thursday, June 9, 2011

Power

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly I forget.  In Isaiah 40:30-31 I am reminded that,

"Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. 
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall
mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint."

Over the past week I have flexed my motherly muscle, strained my maternal voice chords and disciplined with parental consistency.  But I did not go to the Lord for my strength.  I kept trying to dig deeper, resolve more, seek some encouragement from my hubby.  However, these are all fruitless and leave me weary and falling all over the place.  Day by day, moment by moment I have to lean hard and renew my strength at feet of Jesus.  I cannot self-improve or motivate enough.  It is clear in Isaiah that my renewal and strength will not come by any other means than by the Lord.
So this afternoon I sat at the throne and asked yet again for the Lord to be in control.  The memory is slow.  The learning is painful.  Maybe this time I will remember for a bit longer?  If any good comes from forgetting it is that I am encouraged to continue to remind the little souls in my care over and over and over again as they inherited my memory!  They don't remember.  I am reminded that I must repeat, repeat, repeat to them just as I need to have things repeated to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment