Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day 9: Chewing Gum and Paint

We are in our 6th week of homeschool.  Gretta is usually the most compliant, joyful, energetic positive kid you could wish for, unless she's doing her language arts or reading work.  We have been battling attitude and issues since day 1.  Finally it struck me today I am trying to teach her like I did my 3 other left brained children.  She is right brained the way I am presenting her work does not make sense to her.  I feel bad it took me this long to figure out that what I am doing is the problem, not her attitude.  Poor girl!  Thank the Lord she is graceful and forgives me when I am so slow to apply wisdom.  So today we approached learning to read in a new way.  We put together words with flash cards, painted pictures and then wrote the words on them and chewed gum to keep our minds steady.  There was significantly more joy in the second part of our day when I started presenting information to her in a  way she could understand!  

No comments:

Post a Comment