Thursday, April 8, 2010

Two-Week Meal Plan

I have been praying that God would show me how I am being distracted from doing His work. One way I discovered was that I spend far too much time thinking about food. It is my comfort zone, easy and enjoyable to think about. However, I am convicted that I spend far too much time thinking on this earthly thing. So I decided to come up with a two-week meal plan. It should simplify life, grocery shopping and minimize the time I spend thinking on meal planning. With my husbands approval we are on week 1 of the plan and will keep it in place for a couple of months. Here it is:

Week 1
Monday: B-Blueberry Oatmeal with Orange Juice
L-Tuna Sandwiches & Cut Up Veggies
D-Spaghetti & Salad (make a double batch of sauce for next weeks penne pasta)
Tuesday: B-Granola & Milk, Orange Juice
L-Eggs, Toast & Smoothie
D-Roast Chicken, Potatoes and Carrots
Wednesday: B-Yogurt w/ Blueberries and Granola & OJ
L-Chicken Quesodillas & Cut up Veggies
D-Nachos & Corn
Thursday: B-Eggs, Muffins & OJ
L-Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
D-Salmon fillet w/ Salad
Friday: B-Pumpkin Oatmeal & OJ
L-Almond Butter and Honey Sandwiches w/ cut up veggies
D-Pizza & Salad
Saturday: B-Pancakes, Sausage, Blueberries & OJ
L-Egg Salad Sandwiches & cut up veggies
D-tacos, re-fried beans & corn
Sunday: B-Eggs, toast & smoothie
L-turkey wraps, cut up veggies
D-fried rice & green beans
Week 2
Monday: B-Pumpkin oatmeal & Oj
L-Tuna sandwiches and cut up veggies
D-chicken fajitas & peas
Tuesday: B-granola & milk, oj
L-eggs, toast & smoothie
D-chicken legs, potatoes & mixed veggies
Wednesday: B-blueberries, yogurt & granola, oj
L-quesodillas & cut up veggies
D-beef stir fry & brown rice
Thursday: B-eggs, muffins & oj
L-tomato soup & grilled cheese
D-roasted salmon, potatoes & green beans
Friday: B-blueberry oatmeal & oj
L-almond butter & honey sandwiches, cut up veggies
D-pizza & salad
Saturday: B-waffles, sausage & berries, oj
L-egg salad sandwiches, cut up veggies
D-beefed up burritos & peas
Sunday: B-eggs, toast & smoothie
L-turkey wraps & cut up veggies
D-penne pasta & mixed veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment