Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Veggie Kabobs

As a result of my carpal tunnel and stomach issues acting up I have ramped up my efforts at healthy eating.  Here is one creative idea I came up with that was a hit for dinner last night. I can't sing the praises of the griddler by Cuisinart enough.  This new kitchen tool in my kitchen is fast becoming my favorite, don't tell the Cuisinart food processor or the Kitchen aid mixer they have been so dear to me for so much longer than this new love!

Veggie Kabobs
chunk cut veggies in the quantity suitable for your family (broccoli, par-boiled potatoes, peppers, onions, summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli etc.)
1 package of chicken sausage cut in slices
butter or margarine melted (I used about 1/4c for 5c of veggies)
brown or Dijon mustard (I used a about 3T for 5c of veggies)
thyme
salt
pepper

Pre-cook the potatoes.  If you are using wooden skewers soak them for about 10 minutes so they don't burn.  Cut up your vegetables and sausage while the potatoes cook.  Melt butter or margarine in a pan, add mustard and seasonings to your taste.  Mix veggies, chicken and potatoes in a large bowl.  Cover with mustard sauce.  Put on skewers.  Use the griddler pannini style with the grill greats and cook for about 3 minutes.  Flip the skewers on the side and cook another 3 minutes.  Serve with a big salad.  Everyone loved this!  To make it more fun you could let everyone skewer their own with their preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment