Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 3: Playing Hookie

This is a great week for homeschoolers.  As everyone else is headed back to school we took a field trip break.  We are in our 5th week of school so I don't feel too bad!

We took our first trip to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.  I was concerned it might not appeal to the girls, but they loved it.  It was so nice to see the girls interested in horticulture and curious about nature.  I love these girls!
Grammy joined us for the day.  I wonder if she knows how thankful I am she's able to enjoy field trips with us?   She brings such laughter and fun.  It's good to have her cheering for our team.


Fall is on it's way, I can't decide what to do first take out all my sweaters, make soup or bake a pie!

Dahlias are my favorite flower and coral may be my favorite color.  


The petals on this dahlia are perfection.  I once watched a show on numbers and the fact that flower petals run in a fibonacci pattern.  It was the first time I thought about God really digging math and creating even mathematics with creative yet orderly design.  

These coral rose blossoms were one of the few that were left after summer's peak.  I could have spent many more hours at the Arboretum.  I look forward to going again.  I still can't figure out how it took me this long to go.  My girls were even saying that we should come back again, soon.  It's nice to share some interests with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment